[Spit-project] Tripod/spits

Charles Netterville ck_netterville at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 17:40:02 PDT 2007

As far as tripods go, Sir Henri from Greywood made mine and it's wonderful. He incorporated a hook in the top of one so I could use it as a utinsil holder and crosspiece or as a tripod over the fire. I've already used it at a couple of events and it's great. A larger one could presumably be used as a simple spit design and it is in three parts plus the seperate S hooks that I use to hang the utinsils from. I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner. I'll shoot some pictures of it this weekend and e-mail them to you.  I don't think I can post pics on this list, can I ??? Elrique

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:  >Do a Google search on SCA blacksmiths and see if you can find one or
>two who sell the tripods that can become a spit (meaning, they come apart).

We got our cookstuff at Panther Primitives. They have a lot of nice
cookware for the firepit.

Gunthar