[Spit-project] artwork with a spit and chicken

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 10:05:38 PDT 2007

>http://www.centraalmuseum.nl/page.ocl?mode=&version=&pageid=315
>
>Look at how she's mounting the chicken on the spit.

>From the advice I've found when doing research on spit cooking
it looks like the best way to do it. Basically put skewers through
the chicken on either side of the spit to grip it when it is turned.
Without the gripping skewers the chicken will tend to stay in one
spot and the spit just rotate. It's a very nice alternative if you either
don't have the spit forks to hold the chicken or roast or if you have
multiple meats that can't be gripped.

>Johnna

Gunthar