[Spit-Project] Three Kings meal last weekend

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 20:37:36 PST 2007

Sounds like you had a great time cooking.  I totally agree about the meat thermometer... just be sure you know the proper temps for specific meats.  Generally, I think the 160-180 degree range isconsidered safe to eat (160 being medium-rare).  When I do a whole pig I do it to at least 160 degrees, and still have some rare spots close to the spit bar, and we end up having to cook them seperately... often in the basting sauce (grin).

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo