[Spit-Project] Diguising a Non-Period Cooking Device

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:55:57 PDT 2008

> We are trying to come up with a way to make a
> non-period/modern flame source, ie: small propane
> burner of some type for boiling water for coffee and
> tea in the morning, look more period.

My first thought would be to build a cabinet where you
can either open it up to cook on then close again when
the stove isn't in use.
Another way would be to build a box frame around the
stove so that it was hidden from view. The frame could
also be hinged to fold flat for packing. It isn't the BEST
solution but could help.

If you want to get really fancy you can build the box
to resemble a charcoal stove. With the propane stove
in a recess down in the box and little charcoal storage
slots in the front or under the cookbox. Have a wooden
cover for when not in use.

> Lady Eileen Kathryn of Hareswood

Yers,

Gunthar