[Spit-Project] Steve Raichlen's new tv show

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 13:19:24 PDT 2008

That sounds cool. I'll need to look into the website.
We hardly ever watch television so I'm not sure
if I'll catch it.

I would love to get this elist back up again so let's
start talking.

Any outdoor summer activities planned?
Unfortunately, in Texas, we do our grilling in
the Fall and Winter because it is too blamed hot
for working around fire in summer.

I haven't even had the opportunity to fire up
my portable hearth except for once back last
Fall.  It was nice with great airflow causing a
very hot fire. I still need some work in getting
everything set more sturdy.

There are some great firepits out there and
I'm also looking into a smoker at some point.
Since I've really gotten into sausagemaking
a smoker will be a big plus. I would also
like to make my own bacon and smoked fish.

Of course, I need to get a house first. Apartment
complexes frown on having a smoker in your
unit.

When I entered my A&S dinner as a Gulf
War A&S champion point I had originally
wanted to have it all cooked over an open fire
in camp but was talked out of it. Good thing
because I barely had time to heat it all
and get everything set up.

But someday I may make it all in a period
manner.

So, anyone have interesting projects going on?

Yers,

Gunthar