[Spit-Project] How about some discussion?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jul 16 19:01:01 PDT 2009

Do you have a design in mind?

The easiest material to use is mild steel bar stock, but it takes a
bit of shaping, and that's kinda tough to do if you aren't a smith.
And, the available designs can be as simple ir complex as you like.
With any spit, the trick is to strap the carcass on there so it's
evenly balanced, and that can take some doing.

Modernly, they usually roast an entire animal in, essentially, a steel cage.

Then there are things like this:

http://www.lacajachina.com/

which, frankly, would likely be the best way to cook a large animal at
Pennsic, unless you had a particular reason to do it another way.