[Stargate] February Demo

Heather Jones hjones at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Jan 2 09:10:37 PST 2002

Last year, you may remember that the SCA did a large demo at the Carriage
Inn retirement community.  Everyone had a good time, and we were able to
demo equestrian and light fighting skills, clothing, dancing and music and
various arts & sciences.  We did not use this demo as a way to attract new
members, but as a community service to entertain and to pass on our knowledge.

Because everyone had such a good time, we have been invited back this
year.  The year is filling up quickly, so the best date we could do is Feb.
2nd.  That doesn't give us a lot of time!

This year the retirement community will be inviting other local groups to
come and enjoy the afternoon too and we'd like to have a good
presence.  The times are 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm, and each participant will be
fed dinner.  Before I forget, yes, this is an indoor demo.

We are looking to display or demo the following:
--Any A & S display - tables & chairs will be provided.  If it is something
that you could do a small "hands-on try out" demo, that would be good too,
but obviously not required.
--Fighting - Both heavy & light - We are looking more for a demo of skills
than an "instructional" lesson
--Dance - Both middle Eastern & European
--Music - Musicians & Bards, please come help us entertain.  At the moment,
there are no plans to have music during the meal as last year (unless that
is when you would like to be scheduled!)
--Anything you might like to demonstrate (Unfortunately this year we will
not be able to have the horses.  My sincere apologies as the equestrians
put on a wonderful display)

If you are available to help, it would be much appreciated.  If you can
participate, please email me by January 7th with what you would like to demo.

Have a great new year.
Suannoch.

Lady Suannoch nighean mhic Choinnich
Hospitaler, Canton of Westgate