[Stargate] Various Items of Importance

stargate_seneschal stargate_seneschal at mail.ev1.net
Thu Jun 6 08:35:03 PDT 2002

Greetings to the fair populace of Stargate,

Due to poor attendance recently at populace meetings, I thought it
prudent to post a few important matters.  The two most
important/urgent matters are attendance and populace meeting
location.

The populace meeting attendance we’ve been experiencing the past
two to three months has been poor.  We encourage you to please
make an effort to attend.  This is your forum on how to make your
Barony excel by lending your support in her endeavors.  It is only
one night per month with meetings averaging 45 minutes to an
hour.  And the best part is we socialize afterwards with dinner at
a local eatery.  So, please make plans to join us in July and
become a more active member in the oldest barony (and best, I
might add) in Ansteorra.

The next item is populace meeting location.  We were informed at
the last populace meeting that due to (expense) cut backs by the
City all Houston libraries will close at 8:00 being July 1st
(which, by the way, is our next populace meeting).  Given the fact
that we don’t start populace until 7:30 the libraries are no
longer a feasible location.  I asked those in attendance and am
now asking you for suggestions on alternative locations.  Our
requirements are few: (1) preferably centrally located (within the
Barony; (2) free, if possible (if not, the officers will need to
discuss); and open until 9 p.m.  If you have any suggestions
please email or call Their Excellencies or myself.  The timeframe
on this issue is rather urgent due to the fact that our next
populace meeting is July 1st.

It was announced at April’s meeting that the Baronial Herald’s
warrant expires in July.  Their Excellencies are now taking
applications.  Master Ihon is hopeful that a successor will be
named by July so he can work with the new Herald during the
transition.  Your application should be sent to the Coastal
Regional Herald, Master Ihon Vinson macFergus, Their Excellencies
with a courtesy copy to me.  All applications need to be submitted
by June 30th

The next item is Summer Thing.  As of today’s date no one has
stepped forward offering to steward this event - so, I am looking
for a volunteer.  This is a one-day, indoor event that happens in
August during Pennsic.  So, if you’ve wanted to steward an event
but were afraid of doing one as intense as Baronial or Yule then
this is the event for you.  It is a relatively easy event and
would not require a huge amount of planning time.  If you’re
interested in stewarding Summer Thing, please let me know at your
earliest convenience.

Again, please make an effort to start attending (more) populace
meetings on a more regular basis.  Your Barony needs YOU!!!!

In service to Kingdom and Barony,
Lady Isabeau Quiquandon
(m/k/a Terri Hirling)
Stargate Seneschal