[Stargate] [MODERATOR] Stargate Baronial Planning Meeting

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 9 08:32:46 PST 2004

Hi,

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood list moderator. When you
quote other folks' messages, please trim all the excess goo (e.g. the mail
headers, the trailers at the end of each message, etc.) from the message
you're quoting before you click "Send".

In fact, please delete everything except the point you're replying to. You
don't need to include the whole thread with every single post in your reply.
That's a quick way to turn a 3 sentence message into a 200-line monster.

This only takes a couple of seconds, and makes a huge difference. Especially
in a long message that's already been quoted (in its entirety) several times.

Some folks read this list as a digest. You have no idea how painful it can be
to scroll past the goo (again and again and again...) until you've had to do
so yourself.

I'm not picking on anyone in particular, just using this message as an
example. As my great-grandmother often said, "I ain't fussin' at you, I'm
just tellin' you." :-)

Yours,
Michael

This is an example of some of the stuff I'm talking about (the accumulated
trailers which were at the end of the message I'm replying to):