[Stargate] Kitchen inventory

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Mon Apr 25 05:36:04 PDT 2005

As promised, here's the inventory of kitchen equipment that Stargate
owns.

12 qt SS CB pots			4	2 damaged on bottom from
overheating
8qt aluminum steamer		1
medium pan                    1
6qt stainless steel pot		1
12 qt aluminum pot		1
medium coated sauce pan		1
medium sauce pan			1
2qt metal bowl w/ ring		1
3qt metal bowl w/ ring		1
18qt ceramic pot			1
2qt clear plastic pitchers	5
2qt pewter pitchers		1
2qt plastic pitchers		2
plastic bin for pitchers	1
12 " lids for pot			1
20qt roaster ovens		2
large igloo coolers		2
5 gallon drinking coolers	2

While I welcome discussion on the list concerning this topic, I would
like to have a meeting Tuesday, April 26th, at the combined fighter
practice to talk about:

1) What equipment we need.  At officer's meeting I heard several
suggestions.  Among them were; serving tongs, cleaning rags, stove-like
device, knives, cutting boards, etc.

2) Where to get the equipment.  Several of us have restaurant supply
stores nearby.  Or do we use Sams?  Target?  Combo of several?

3) How do we make sure that Stargate's equipment returns to Stargate?
The barony has, in the past, made a large expenditure to get good
cooking equipment, and what you see above is all that's left.  One
proposal is to not only mark/engrave the equipment, but to require a
signout for all kitchen-supplies removed from storage, with the
responsible party and the Castellan/Chatelaine checking the returned
equipment.

4) Maintenance.

I will be open to all suggestions (and will make sure I've had a good
meal beforehand to chase away the grumpies).

Thank you.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate
Castellan