[Stargate] Re: Pop Counts by Group

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Mon Jan 24 00:39:02 PST 2005

Michael, You mustn't forget that just this last year when Gatesedge became a
shire and came out from under Stargate's umbrella of pop counts, the barony
lost about 1/3 or more of its populace count. Bryn Gwlad would have still
been the largest but if GE was still a canton then Stargate would still be
the 2nd largest Barony. Godwin & Lissa knew that this would be the outcome
but realized we had just gotten too big to stay under the Barony's wing. We
grew up. And we had to move out of the house as it were.
Annes
You are not an archeologist trying to construct a society that has been
lost. You are a historian who is preserving what is now for the future to
learn about us.The only SCA historians who will be SCA archeologists will be
our heirs if we, as historians today, fail to do our jobs properly.