[Stargate] IP (Interested Parties) Meeting -- Thursday 10/13 at 7:30 pm

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:28:53 PDT 2005

Greetings from ihon & Isabeau

Last Monday at Populace we experienced a wonderful, high energy
brainstorming meeting. Many good ideas were expressed, but even more
importantly, many people expressed their willingness to make those ideas
reality.

Below are ?? concrete projects that we believe can be implemented
immediately. The purpose of the IP meeting is to receive imput on how to
best coordinate these projects and secure coordinators. If you have a
concern for these projects and/or a desire to be involved in their
implementation, please com. Our address is 7219 Majestic Oaks (at
Kindletree) -- one block north of Gulf Bank west of North Houston Rosslyn.
If you need more secific directions call 713.896.0026 (that be us).

Below our 'signature' is a brief outline of all the subjects discussed. If
you are interested in any area of concern, please let us know. We may be
including some of them as we progress.

These are the areas for this Thursday's IP meeting:

1
2
3

We look forward to your presence and participation. No, this isn't a 'ihon
will fix dinner meeting' so bring snacks and drinks if you want them.

~i&I~
B and B

Challenges:

Maintaining membership

   - increased persona play
   - baronial pot-lucks
   - Youth activities by and for youth

 parent schedules – one hour for each charge at the event
 page program

   - mini revels
   -  old-comers revels

Increasing membership

   - Advertising

TRF Booklet
Houston Press

   - Visibility

Mucky Duck/ Molly McQuire's Pub Nights in Garb

 Assimilating newcomers

 Getting people plugged in to activities
 volunteer sign-ups at gate
 'non-specialized' activities at events (games that all can play)
 workshops on non-local event weekends
 SCA 'from the ground up' – $25-50 projects to help with garb, period
  encampment, etc
 Include 'expertise' areas in the Domesday

Getting to events and getting others to our events in a time of economic
hardship

 Stargate list /new Yahoo group for learning who is going to what and car
 pooling possibilities

Increasing fighters
 Challenges to other groups to battle at Sunday in the Park
 Regional practices at Sunday in the Park
 Increasing Stargate identity
 Stargate list /new Yahoo group for learning who is going to what events

 and carpooling possibilities
 B and B Progress