[Stargate] Against Moving Stargate Populace to Practice in the Park

Dietrich Strobelbart dietrichstrobelbart at myway.com
Thu Jan 26 15:52:25 PST 2006

I thought I would forward some of the other point of view that was already posted to the Stargate-Discussion Group.My main objection is that we would be subject to the vagaries of the weather.  Even if we found a place with a pavilion; temperature, wind and wind-driven rain could pose serious problems.We would also be conflicting with other events.  I am not wild about the prospect of going to an outdoor Populace Meeting right after coming home from a full weekend event.Our Hospitaler has indicated that she would not be able to make it on Sundays.  And I would not be able to make it on 1st, 3rd, or 5th Sundays, unless it were held after 7:00pm.  That's two officers, so far, with serious conflicts.Have I made it clear that I don't like this idea?Dietrich Strobelbartmka Steve Scott281-731-7726 celldietrichstrobelbart at myway.comSchwöre dem Warum ab und suche das WieAbjure the why and seek the how. --- On Wed 01/25, Dietrich Strobelbart < dietrichstrobelbart at myway.com >
wrote:From: Dietrich Strobelbart [mailto: dietrichstrobelbart at myway.com]To: Stargate-Discussion at yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:56:34 -0500 (EST)Subject: RE: [Stargate-Discussion] a thought I have no objection to 2nd or 4th Sunday.  I am absolutely commited on 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays.  I'm sorry, if I have to choose between a game and my son, my son is going to win out every time.As to having a backup location, that would mean we would have to have 2 sites reserved in advance for each month.  I suspect a reserve indoor site that would only be used when there is bad weather is going to be hard to come by.  We would end up cancelling Populace due to bad weather.In Service,Dietrich StrobelbartSentinel Pursuivantmka Steve Scott281-731-7726 celldietrichstrobelbart at myway.comSchwöre dem Warum ab und suche das WieAbjure the why and seek the how. --- On Wed 01/25, lisabetta at kjsl.com < lisabetta at kjsl.com > wrote:From: lisabetta at kjsl.com [mailto: lisabetta at kjsl.com]To:
Stargate-Discussion at yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:18:07 -0600 (CST)Subject: RE: [Stargate-Discussion] a thoughton bad weather days we could have a planned backup location..and as far as first sundays, if there is enough people that want to changeI am sure that the barony could take a poll and change the date.However no matter what day or time or location someone will always haveconflicts. Like me for instance monday nights are a bad night for me so Idon't make many meetings.Nel servizio che rimango,Signora Lisabetta Micola da Monte>> I have two objections.  First, I have  other unavoidable duties on first> Sundays, so would never be able to make it.  Second, what would we do if> the weather was bad?Dietrich StrobelbartStargate Baronial Heraldmka Steve> Scott281-731-7726 celldietrichstrobelbart at myway.comSchwöre dem Warum ab> und suche das WieAbjure the why and seek the how.    />No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.Make My Way  your home on the
Web - http://www.myway.com            SPONSORED LINKS                                                                                                                                                                          Published              Society for creative anachronism              Sca              Recreation                   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS   Visit your group "Stargate-Discussion" on the web.    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Stargate-Discussion-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.