[Stargate] Moving Stargate Populace

Dietrich Strobelbart dietrichstrobelbart at myway.com
Sun Jan 29 10:24:40 PST 2006

I do, indeed, attend every Populous and Business meeting, if at all possible.   As to what percentage of the populace attends, according to the Ansteorran Seneschal's website, Stargate has 108 active members.  If we have 20 or more attending Populace, we have about 18.5% attendance.  I don't have numbers on other baronies, but that would seem perhaps a little low, but not unreasonably so.  I doubt seriously if changing the date or location of Populace is going to improve the attendance numbers appreciably.  As has been said already, there would be some who would then attend, but also some some who would quit attending.If we want to increase our membership, and thereby attendance at Populace, I suggest we do something to increase our exposure to the student population of our local universities.In Service,Dietrich Strobelbartmka Steve Scott281-731-7726 celldietrichstrobelbart at myway.comSchwöre dem Warum ab und suche das WieAbjure the why and seek the how. --- On Sat 01/28, Maria
< scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net > wrote:From: Maria [mailto: scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net]To: stargate at ansteorra.org, Stargate-Discussion at yahoogroups.comDate: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:23:13 -0600Subject: Re: [Stargate] Moving Stargate PopulaceFrancois, Well I for one attend every meeting unless an emergency comes up and that very rarely happens.  I can also tell you that Dietrich is there every populace.   I have to agree that an outdoor location is not a good idea even during the day in this part of the world.  Between weather and bugs I don't think we would be very happy for very long.  And let's not forget the fact that we'd have to change meetings when we have events that we're traveling to.  I know I don't want to come back from Dallas on Sunday morning and have to rush to a meeting.   How many people attend?  Well, in general I think we have around 20 or more for every meeting.  In a Barony of how many active?  Well that I can't answer.  But I think most people would have less
problems going to a meeting on a weeknight than on a weekend.   Just my 2 cents. Mariastyle="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  ----- Original Message -----     style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From:   Wendel   Bordelon   To:   href="mailto:stargate at ansteorra.org">Barony of Stargate   Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:26   AM  Subject: [Stargate] Moving Stargate   Populace  Greetings!Lisabetta brought up a good point about would   moving the populace meeting increase the attendance and the social   interaction?   Step back the suggestion of location and   think about the goal.  How many people attend the meetings on Monday   at Ryans?    How many people are not attending because   ofdate or location?   And if a change of venue and/or time, who   would we likely lose and who would we gain?       There are a couple people that have
said they could not attend the   meeting on Sunday, are you attending the meetings now?    I   know that because of my job and the travel Ido for that job I am seldom   able to attend on a weeknight.  All the same, I am not sure and   outdoor location in this part of the world would be predictable and consistant   enough to have a regular meeting.  Between the rain, cold, heat and   bugs...    I would love to see a more interaction in   the barony.   A more social and more heavily attended populace   meeting is a good step.     And now the shameless   plug:   Remember and spread the word,  On February 11 atthe   home of Francois and Perronnelle we are hosting a REVEL!   This is   gathering andparty for all our fellows in the Barony and even if it is not   an official SCA event Garb is suggested.   Feel free to show up   from 8pm onwards.  --Francoisps:  I do find it   amuzing that even our mailing lists are split in twain, must be   somethingabout Two Towers....