[Stargate] Demo Opportunity...

Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 4 08:52:48 PST 2006

Hi again everyone.

Well I have a possible demo opportunity.  It's on  a Thursday afternoon.  We are in need of some Rapier fighters to do a demo for an after school reading program.  They are currently reading the Harry Potter books and since there's some sword fighting in the second book, they wanted someone to come in and demonstrate sword fighting.

If anyone can make the time to do the demo please let me know.  We have the dates of January 12 nd January 26 that we can work with.  I think that the 26th is more of a possibility than any other at the moment.

I will also need a short list of books that the demonstrators have read that you've been influenced by.  Try to keep the books something that 12 - 14 year olds will enjoy (no sex, violence is ok but needs to be written in a way that the kids can understand.  Example - Lord of the Rings - OK, Hellraser - BAD).

Please get back to me if you can do the demo.  I know this is kind of short notice, but I've finally gotten definite information from the teacher who's doing the reading club.

In Service to the Dream,
Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici, SSG
Maria Buchanan
Official Worrier of House Starfire