[Stargate] Why PDF is a problem for us

Melody Soice melodysoice at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 11:15:39 PDT 2006

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who never opens the PDFs.

Michael, I know that you're probably using a great, over-powered computer
with super graphics capabilities and a wonderful internet connection.  We
don't all have that at home.  Opening PDF files at our home is, likely as
not, going to lock up any applications I have open if not the entire
computer.  That has happened often enough that I just don't open PDFs unless
I have to.

I also find it more difficult to read publications online and much less
enjoyable.  I have only read one copy of The Two Towers since Stargate ended
its publication.  I am glad that the information is still available to
anyone wanting to get to it badly enough, however, it is no longer something
I look forward to receiving.  I'm not trying to just gripe here but if you
really want to understand why I consider the discontinuation of the physical
Two Towers to be a great loss and a sad mark of the decline of our barony I
hope this helps clarify the issue for at least one family.

Hopefully I'm the only one that feels this way.  Don't jump down my throat
folks and start telling me how I need to upgrade our computer, I'm just
letting you know where things stand for us.

Melody