[Stargate] Why Johnny doesn't speed .... Er ... Melody doesn't attend.... (was "Populace Meeting")

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 4 12:23:53 PST 2007

Hi, folks:

Just some thoughts to add some grist to the mill:

On Jan 4, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Gerald Norris wrote:

> ... (I)f we decide to move closer to the Westgate area ...
> (w)e, the populace of Stargate, including it's canton, will have
> been a part
> of the decision.  And if we're trying to increase our numbers,
> increase our
> populace involvement, and generally trying to make our Barony the
> envy of
> others (okay, I snuck that last one in, but I like it), it will
> take all of
> us working together to do so.
>
> In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
> HL Gerald of Leesville
> A bard of Stargate

As Gerald pointed out, it's probably worth remembering that Westgate
*is* Stargate (a subset of).

It's also worth remembering that this is a mundane business meeting
of the "club members", not an "in-persona event", so it's very
appropriate for the leadership to seek input from the membership
regarding where and when to meet. It will be up to the leadership (in
whom we have placed our trust) to decide, and balance the wishes of
the many against the needs of the few. "In persona", this isn't a
democracy; but "mundanely", we are (as much as any hobby/club can be).

Personally, I liked meeting at a restaurant. For me, the advantages
outweighed the disadvantages. Hopefully we will relocate to a similar
(but better) venue. But I'm just one voice (and one that hasn't
attended very many meetings in the past couple of years, so take it
for what it's worth *smile*).

Michael Silverhands
6th Baron of Stargate
Olde Farte