[Stargate] populace meetings

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 16:00:59 PST 2007

--- stargate-request at lists.ansteorra.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:23:17 -0600
> From: Charlene Charette <clclists1 at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Stargate] populace meetings
> To: Barony of Stargate <stargate at lists.ansteorra.org>
>
> Tracy Gee - Richmond & BW8
> This is a community center.  The site is free, but they require a $100
> damage deposit to be on file.  Fran?ois and I used to go to balloon club
> meetings there.  They close at 9pm.  Food can be brought in.  I don't
> know if they have any availability; they did several months ago when I
> last checked.  The only bug-a-boo is you can't exchange funds on site.
> I believe this is so groups don't do fund raisers or sell t-shirts and
> such on site.  I don't know if this applies to giving checks to members
> for expense reimbursement.  Easy enough to check and if that is the
> case, it's just a matter of walking out the door and handing the checks
> over off-site.  If they have the availability, you can set up on their
> calendar for the year.  We would still have the Federal holiday problem
> here.

The Houston Calligraphy Guild also uses Tracy Gee, it's just off the Beltway at Richmond.
With the new Westpark tollway, I find getting from the Southwest freeway/Galleria area to be quite
speedy to the westside, verses using I-10 or I-59.

Also, I've got a call into the YMCA and will check with the Houston Community Colleges systems to
see if they offer meeting rooms - though not holding out much hope for either of those.

At one time, that antique center next to Northwest Mall had a meeting room they were promoting,
don't know if it's open on evenings or how large it is - and for that matter, some Malls have a
community room available and Malls are open nightly.

Cheers, Hillary