[Stargate] One more thought on Populace

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 9 10:49:17 PST 2007

Thanks, Lisabetta, for the excellent point you made. :-)

On Jan 9, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Lisabetta wrote:

> Melody,
> I am going to Chime in also.. with regards to westgate/stargate
> If anyone looks back over say the last five years .. where are the
> people
> who do a majority of the work for stargate events located.. westgate
> Not only do they run their own canton and do a wonderful job at it but
> they are STARGATE's backbone of workers.

While I appreciate your thought, I would hardly be able to compile a
list of "Stargate's backbone of workers" and only list folks from
Westgate.

Let us remember our friends in Gate's Edge who can always be counted
on to "be there" for us (Annes, Caitlin, Eadric, etc.). Likewise the
"dirty dozen" from the Loch who always seem to be there when work
needs to be done (Alexis, Ulsted, William, Kate, Tristan & Clara,
etc.). And likewise the many folks in Stargate *other* than Westgate
who always seem to be there pitching in (Alden, Neassa, Gerald &
Caitlin, Random & Vasalisa, Godwin & Lissa, Robert, Mea, etc., etc.).

By the same token, when Gate's Edge or the Loch is having an event we
bring our own "usual suspects" from Stargate/Westgate to help with
set up, working the gate, running the lists, working the kitchen,
cleanup, or whatever needs to be done.

One of the things I love about living in this area is that *all* of
the groups "work and play together" *very* well. :-)

Michael

p.s. the above lists weren't meant to be exhaustive by any means. If
you really want a complete list of those who pitch in, just pick up a
copy of each group's Domesday. :-)