[Stargate] Two weeks ago I asked a question

Natasha Storfer natashastorfer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 17:09:48 PST 2007

What can I say?  I'm shy in person and on lists, but
I'll give it a go.

As in life, a volunteer society is what we make of it.
 Each of us brings a special part to others' thoughts
and memories of the SCA, be it good or ill.
Individuals see this through the filter of their
perceptions, past experiences, and most importantly,
their expectations.

Gerald, some of my favorite memories are of you
singing to the water bearing pavilion as we chopped
pickles and refilled mugs, somehow it made leg pain
and heat dissipate.  I'll never forget the tears in
Lissa's eyes (and mine) as I received my AOA.  And I
still love seeing someone's face light up when they
are receiving a scroll I painted.

The first two examples, my memories were totally
dependent upon others and their gifts of time and
compassion.  However, the third I would not even have
if I had not taken the time to gift back what has been
gifted to me over and over.

If there are practices that I don't agree with or
things missing that I would like to see; I'd like to
think that I am empowered to inspire others through my
actions as part of my gift others in my SCA family.

Yes, I enjoy the SCA I play in, because there are
caring individuals that make my memories special and I
just hope that I can gift others with memories just as
sweet.

Humbly,
Natalia Auvert