[Stargate] Bran's answer to the Question of the Dates

Darlene Vandever annescvb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:05:09 PDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >Wow....I can see a new Stargate Motto in the making...
> >
> > *Volo ut silicis quod volvo totus nox noctis , quod secui cotidie!*
> >
> > Which should translate as "I want to rock and roll all night, and
> > party
> > every day!"
> >
> > Annes
>
> I'm pretty sure that motto is already unofficially taken by
> Bjornsborg, Annes. ;-)
>
> Michae... er, Alexis

Dear Mich...er...**Alexis**

No, we can have this because Bjornsborg's unofficial motto, straight from
Ivar's own furry lips is "Bjornsborg never sleeps".  I've heard this from
other of the "borg" also....along with another "unofficial" one of "We are
Bjorns Borg...You will be assimilated...Resistance is futile..." all said in
staccato monotone of course.

Speaking of unofficial mottos, so many groups had them and have let them go
because they didn't seem to be "politically correct" anymore....kind of like
for a while it wasn't acceptable to shout "Death to Trimarias" after "Vivat
Ansteorra" in closing court. Mahdi tried to explain to me why people in
Steppes eventually dropped their unofficial one of "Nothing ever happens in
the Steppes" during the museum at 25th year. They had brought out a
beautiful huge banner, and a phase was written on it in Russian Cryllic
script. I asked him about it and he told me what it said and how they don't
use it anymore because some people complained about it. I didn't and don't
see what was offensive about it but there you are. I guess I would have had
to live there to understand.

Personally, I am glad that most of the kingdom seems to have gotten over the
"Stargate never travels" thing which while never a motto we embraced was one
which was applied to us for a while.

Annes