[Stargate] New to the Area

Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 10 08:38:10 PST 2007

Ok.  If it's only a 6 month lease, I'd say go for it and be CAREFUL.  I
really do know that area and no matter what your HR person says, that
particular neighborhood is ... well a HOOD.  Believe me I know.  I've been
there.

However, if it's only a 6 month lease and you can get out of it after that,
I'd say go there and be careful.  The place does have secured parking lots
so that's an advantage.  (However I know other complexes that have secured
parking lots and they still have some trouble in them.)

As with some large cities, Houston is VERY mixed as far as good and bad
neighborhoods is concerned.  I'm not talking about specific races, I'm
talking about elements - drugs, crime, etc.  As for this neighborhood, it's
not the worst I've seen in Houston, but BY FAR not even the middle either.

Think about it.

Maria