[Stargate] Stargate's official date

Charlene Charette clclists1 at earthlink.net
Mon May 7 23:59:24 PDT 2007

For the benefit of those who are curious...

Tonight at populace we discussed when is Stargate's 35th anniversary --
2007 or 2008?  Out of curiosity, I went through the old BOD records.
The old records on groups are spotty, at best; procedures were a lot
less structured and several times the BoD attempted to compile a list of
all official groups in the Known World (a process that usually took 3-6
months).

A list was compiled in 1976.  At that time Stargate was listed as
"existing prior to 1972".  The next major list compilation occurred in
1990.  On that list, Stargate's "made official" date was listed as 8/72
with the source being "Kingdom files".  I have yet to obtain copies of
the BOD mins prior to 1973, so I can't try to verify it that way.

--Perronnelle

--
Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.