[Stargate] fabric and yarn stores

Stephanie Wilson imstephw at swbell.net
Mon Jun 16 20:00:57 PDT 2008

I'd recommend:

Glick Textiles Fabric Warehouse
713-942-8585
2327 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098
Sat 10am - 6pm
Sun 12pm - 6pm
- Always a nice selection of silk dupioni on clearance for $9.99/yd. Other
dupioni at $14.99/yd. Silk taffeta for $19.99/yd (smooth tabby weave silk,
not ribbed taffeta). Medium weight linen $13.99-14.99/yd. Lots of woven
fabrics, velvets and cheniles at reasonable prices.

High Fashion Fabrics
713-528-7299
3101 Louisiana Street (at Elgin), Houston, TX 77006
Sat 10am - 7pm
Sun 12pm - 6pm
- Two stores: one for home dec, another for apparel fabrics. A mind-boggling
array of fabrics in every color imaginable. Unfortunately, the prices are
often mind-boggling, too. Silks, velvets, linens, wools, brocades -- you
name it, they've got it. They also have Guttermann silk sewing thread.

Interior Fabrics
3104 Fondren Rd., Houston, TX 77063-4904
713-782-3311
Sat 10am - 5:30 pm
Sun 1pm - 5pm
- Wide selection of discounted home dec fabrics. Medium weight linen. Silk
dupioni and smooth silk (similar to taffeta).

Best Fabrics
2610 Fondren Rd, Houston, TX 77063
713-435-0000
Sat 10am - 6pm
Sun CLOSED
- Wide selection of discounted home dec fabrics. Silk dupioni. Linen and
linen blends.

Happy shopping!

-Anne Barrington