[Stargate] Waterbearing proposal request for comments

Sajhiri sajhiri at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 18:28:53 PDT 2008

I think my question is, how can we possibly be more liable to lawsuits (In Texas at least) by /not/ providing water and rehydrating foods to event participants? I'd thnk we would have to include massive notices and warnings in all of our official and unofficial communications about bringing your own beverages and the like to events, or we'd still be liable for not informing the public such a thing would not be available in the middle of summer in Texas at an outdoor event where people will be doing physical activity.

Alessandra dei Medici

--- On Tue, 6/17/08, Michael Tucker <java_kensai at verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm also wondering how other non-profit organizations get away with
> having water-services and food at their functions and still are not
> having legal issues or regulation requirements, such as a
> requirement to be a food caterer, in their communities - such as
> Boy and Girl Scouts?

That's an *outstanding* question. Maybe our board should be asking /
themselves/ that question.

Michael Silverhands