[Stargate] Waterbearing proposal request for comments

Michael Tucker java_kensai at verizon.net
Tue Jun 17 18:17:43 PDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:11 PM, Hillary Greenslade wrote:

> However, I am wondering if waterbearers act without being an
> official office of the SCA, will the funding for the waterbearing
> expenses come from the SCA still?  Will it still be possible for a
> local group, kingdom or major event to subsidize the gatorade and
> other supplies as part of an event expense, while the service is
> run by a guild or household group?
> Questions to consider.

I don't see why not. We don't have a "Kingdom Minister of Cooks", or
a "Baronial Cook". Folks just volunteer to cook and serve feasts. The
cost of the feasts is included in the event budget, and paid for by
the membership. What's the difference? I don't see any. :-)

> I'm also wondering how other non-profit organizations get away with
> having water-services and food at their functions and still are not
> having legal issues or regulation requirements, such as a
> requirement to be a food caterer, in their communities - such as
> Boy and Girl Scouts?

That's an *outstanding* question. Maybe our board should be asking /
themselves/ that question.

> I will be sending comments and questions to the BoD.
> Regards, Hillary Greenslade, OP,
> Premier Ansteorran Waterbearer

Michael Silverhands