[Stargate] Gulf War 2009-10 (XVIII & XIX)

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:38:52 PDT 2008

Greetings all

I will be the Coastal Land Steward for Gulf War XVIII & XIX.  My
predecessors, Baron William Wescot of Welewen, Baron Armand de Lacy, and Sir
Goodwin of Edington provided yeoman service and deserve our gratitude.

To those of you who regularly attend Gulf Wars, what has worked best for
you?  What aspects do you believe could be improved?  Who among you would be
willing to travel to the site if I can set up one or more work days?  Is
there interest in something to identify our area and those groups who are
present?  There are two trees about 25 feet apart on Queen's Highway from
which we could suspend a banner.  Any other ideas?

I intend to continue the practice of placing 'period' pavilions along
Queen's Highway and Ricardo de Pisa.  I'm less concerned with Colchester
Lane.  Seawinds has already requested to place their common pavilion on
Queen's Highway (where they were this year).

As we approach next year's War, it would also be helpful to me to know who
desires to camp close to whom so some effort can be made to provide a place
for small common areas and what households/companies would like to camp
together.

Yours in service,
Baron Ihon Vinson macFergus, OL
Lord of Stargate
Coastal Land Steward

--
" When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by
one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke