[Stargate] Sunday Tourney in the Park

D Barr dab32 at cwru.edu
Thu May 15 13:07:38 PDT 2008

Please forgive the cross-posting.

Lord Othar asked me to post a plug for the Tourney in the Park this coming
Sunday.  As m'lady Wissa of Loch Soilier has already phrased it so well, I
will be simply re-posting her post. ;)  Please come out and fight and/or
support our fighters, and help us make this a most successful event. :)

Debbie

Greetings!

This Sunday, the 18th of May, Stargate invites you to participate in their
first monthly Sunday Tournament.  To quote Lord Othar, "There will be
Prizes, Calligraphied Scrolls, Beautiful Ladies and Stalwart Lords
surrounding a wonderful list field in Memorial Park in Houston Texas."

There will be classes taught in addition to the fighting, List Mistressing,
Consort 101, Beginning Field Heraldry, and List Field Etiquette.

Armor inspection and list sign up will begin at 2pm, with the list starting
at 3.  List entry fee requested (not required) is a donation of a non
perishable food item to be donated to a local food bank.

For directions, the Stargate Website says: Sunday afternoons in Memorial
Park from 3-5 pm (we often keep at it past 5!). See the Two Towers for
details on the revival of this old tradition. The location - where N Picnic
Lane and S Picnic Lane meet Memorial Drive - has main road access, parking
and restrooms. Type in "sca fighter practice" at Google Maps to get custom
directions.

Wissa