[Stargate] Stargate Digest, Vol 25, Issue 12

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 09:55:36 PDT 2008

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:25:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Diane Taylor <dianet_write at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Stargate] I have to post it.. it's Ot, but
> you'll see why
> To: Barony of Stargate <stargate at lists.ansteorra.org>

> Don Yates... "Wolf" from American Gladiators
> showed up in this absolutely Gorgeous item.  Something that
> fits him very well.  I want to know, is it Russian or??

I was going to suggest you check out Folkware Patterns, they have a lot of 'ethnic' patterns that some SCA'ers use:
http://www.folkwear.com/

However, in checking the list, I could find that type of 'Russian tunic' or Cassock coat.  Though in googling I found a number of religious cassock coat vestments that maybe convertible to that look.  I believe what makes you think it has that Russian flair, is the use of the large frog closures across the front, that come off very impressive; as well as the flaired 'skirt' or 'tails'.   You may even find something in the current pattern books under costumes, as there are now a large range of costumes and religious patterns.

Good luck, Hillary