[Stargate] Unofficial Archery Practice Thursday night

Steve Scott (Dietrich) dietrich.strobelbart at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 06:29:38 PDT 2008

Regrettably, I fell yesterday and sprained my ankle and my right shoulder, so I will not be able to shoot for awhile. ;-(  So I will not be there tomorrow night.

I would still encourage any who would like to get some extra practice in to check out Wood-n-Feather Archery's indoor range.  The targets are backed up by commercially available foam blocks called "The Block" that seem to be very friendly to wood shaft arrows.  The areas above and below the target area are covered with soft pine planks.  I hit the wood with one arrow the other day and had no apparent damage to the arrow.  I know I've been told by other archers that most of the indoor ranges are not very friendly to wooden arrows and that they have come home with shattered arrows.  That does NOT seem to be the case at Wood-n-Feather!  The place is very nice and clean and the staff are friendly.  The owner is into "traditional archery".  He hunts with a longbow. Check it out if you get a chance!

In Service,
Dietrich Strobelbart