[Stargate] Unofficial archery practice

Steve Scott (Dietrich) dietrich.strobelbart at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 17:07:28 PDT 2008

Greetings unto the archers of the Stargate/Gatesedge area!

Last Saturday I felt myself in need of some extra archery practice.  Being a relative novice, once a month just isn't enough for me, and since my backyard isn't anywhere near big enough, I packed up my gear and headed out to Wood-N-Feather archery at 20015 FM2920 just west of Mueshke Rd out a little west of Tomball, TX.  I had a blast!  The owner is into "traditional archery", so his range is a little more friendly to wood shaft arrows than most of the commercial ranges.  Since I was the only traditional archer there shooting, my recurve bow drew lots of attention.  The most common question was, "How do you aim that thing with no sights on it?"  ;-)

To make a long story short, I've decided to make a regular thing out of this, and would like to invite anyone who is interested to meet me there on Thursday nights from 6:00pm till 8:00pm closing.  The range is 20 yards and will accommodate 10 archers (rather snugly I'm afraid). The range fee is $7.00, which includes a fresh paper target.  Limit 5 arrows and four minutes per round.  Limited to 65# bow or less.  Be prepared for an informal setting; there is no range marshall.  Like I said, this is strictly un-official, just for fun!

Wood-N-Feather Archery
20015 FM2929
Tomball, TX
(281) 357-5969