[Stargate] Tuesday Practices at U of H

Kevin Wilson kevwilson at swbell.net
Fri Jan 23 12:18:52 PST 2009

I just spoke with the someone in the Resource Reservations/Use Dept. at the University and got some information.

For a non-campus organization such as ours, we would be limited to renting the Lynn Houston park area which is by Entrance 1, at the cost of $150 per use.  I think everyone would agree that it's not gonna happen.

However, if we have 3 current students, they can form a student organization, which will make using the park free, and possibly allow us to use other areas.  I know Brian O'hUilliam is a student, and I've heard that there are others.  They would need to fill out the proper forms and do an organization orientation, but it could possibly be done.

Having a student rep or sponsor is not enough in this case.  A faculty or dept. head sponsor *might*, but it's no guarantee.

So if we feel that UH is our best location, and we have the 3 students who are willing to make an organization, that's the route we'd have to go.

Don Corvin Fenarro
Stargate Rapier Marshal