[Stargate] Stargate on CafePress (t-shirts)

Alan Steinberg alanfsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:08:21 PDT 2009

So I realize I'm a new person who has not met any of y'all yet nor been to
anything (I hope to fix that Sunday at the park)... but I just wanted to
weigh in that while Cafe Press is great when not wanting to deal with
inventory, the prices are high and little money is made for an organization
as compared to just having items made and sold by the group.  For example
buying a t-shirt costs between $18 and 25 on Cafe Press when they can be
made for between $7-10 using VistaPrint or other online companies.  But then
again, if there is little demand, I can understand not wanting to take the
risk to have them in inventory.  Also, I don't know the history of it being
a sore subject... perhaps someone can catch me up on Sunday.

Just my $0.02.

Alan