[Stargate] Yule/Eisteddfod setup

Mike Dudley casualgeek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:42:16 PST 2009

I can bring out our nice chairs.  They are beautiful period chairs that
Brenna's dad made.

Colwyn

On Nov 30, 2009 8:35 PM, "Lauren Norman" <lmnorman at uh.edu> wrote:

Hey all, Lorien and I are hard at work preparing for the event this weekend,
and we would really appreciate all the help and assistance this wonderful
barony can provide.  We are starting event setup on friday at 4:00p.  We
realize this is earlier than normal, but we don't expect everyone to be
there right at 4:00, either.  If you've got plans for the evening but still
want to help out, please feel free to come by for an hour if you can.  If
you'd like to show up at 4:00 and stay 'til we're finished, by all means,
please do!  Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.  If you'd like to
come and help later in the evening but aren't sure if we're still at the
site or not, please feel free to call Lorien or myself to verify before you
make the drive.  Lorien is 832-754-8641, I'm 409-739-5645.

If you've got something we could use the help decorate the hall (banners,
that sort of thing) that you'd like to let us use, or if you've agreed to
provide/loan something for the event, please bring it by friday
afternoon/evening, even if you can't stay.

Also, if somebody has and is willing to bring a ladder, we would be greatly
appreciative.  If at all possible, we'd love to have it for use friday and
leave it at site, to also be used for cleanup on saturday night.

Oh, and one other thing--does anyone in the barony have one or two period
chairs they'd be willing to let us use saturday?  During the day, we'll have
a backdrop set up, so that attendees can take nice portrait-style photos,
and we'd like to provide prettier chairs for photos than the utilitarian
ones owned by the site.  In the evening, His Majesty has requested a
"nice-looking" chair in court in addition to the thrones, so we'll use it
during court, too.

Please email me off-list if you can provide any of the above, or if you have
any questions.

YIS,

Isolde die Waeyer
Event Steward, Yule 2009