[Stargate] Stargate Baronial Selection Process and Timeline
clambright2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 08:32:30 PST 2010
To the Populace of Stargate and surrounding areas:
Their Excellencies Stargate, Master Ihon and Mistress Isabeau have formally
announced their intent to step down from the position of Baron and Baroness of
Stargate. The follow timeline is for the selection of the next Baron and
Baroness of Stargate.
Timeline for Stargate Baronial Polling and Selection
* Monday, December 6, 2010: At Stargate’s populace meeting, informational
discussion on the polling process and encourage candidates to submit letters of
intent by December 22, 2010. Polling date (January 3, 2011) is announced in
Stargate regular populace meeting.
* Wednesday, December 22, 2010: This is the deadline to declare baronial
candidate status—no new entrants are allowed after this date. Final letters of
intent by baronial candidates are due to the Crown by email
(Crown at ansteorra.org). Brief, single-page candidate letters with full contact
information for publishing in Two Towers and to Stargate website are due to
Regional Seneschal by email (coastal at seneschal.ansteorra.org).
* Monday, December 27, 2010: The final opinion poll form with candidate names
is posted to the baronial website and notice sent to group’s email list. Brief,
single-page candidate letters with full contact information are also posted to
* Friday, December 31, 2010: The January edition of the baronial newsletter is
posted online. It includes the final opinion poll form with the names and
candidate letters of the baronial candidates, the same as found on the baronial
* Monday, January 3, 2010: Polling Day. Polling occurs during the regular
populace meeting, 7:45 pm at Hope Episcopal Church,
1613 W 43rd St, Houston, Texas. The Kingdom or Regional Seneschal or the
designee of the Kingdom will be there to conduct the polling. Per the Crown’s
will, each set of candidates will be allowed 5 minutes to address the populace
before the polling begins.
* Monday, January 10, 2010: All mail-in opinion polls are due by regular mail
to the Regional Seneschal or designee. All email with commentary about the
baronial candidates is due to the Crown (Crown at ansteorra.org).
* Saturday, January 22, 2010 (King’s Round Table): All baronial candidates
meet one-on-one with the Crown at a designated event.
* February 2010: The Crown announces their final decision.
* Saturday, April 9, 2010: (Stargate Baronial) Investiture of new Baron and
For those interested in pursuing the positions of Baron and Baroness of
Stargate, please review Kingdom Law Article III, Section 3, Subsection 1:
Territorial Barons and Baronesses for eligibility requirements and duties
(http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Kingdom_Law_2010_11_6.pdf). Landed nobles
must be paid members of the SCA with access to the Black Star (Kingdom
newsletter). Landed nobles cannot hold the office of seneschal or treasurer at
any level in the SCA during their term as landed Baron and Baroness.
If you have any questions, regarding the Stargate Baronial Selection Process,
please contact me at coastal at seneschal.ansteorra.org.
Baroness Cristyana Lambrecht
More information about the Stargate