[Stargate] On Your Drive To Gulf Wars

Ciarnat Ciarnat at consolidated.net
Fri Feb 26 12:49:19 PST 2010

SCA Sisters & Brothers,

     Being a former resident of Gleann Abhann and having lived in Lafayette,
LA, here are my 2 recommendations for interesting places to take a break
from steering "your wagon" down the highway to the upcoming Gulf Wars.

    Check out:  Earthly Treasures 5520 Johnston St. (intersection of
Johnston St. & Ambassador Caffery) in Lafayette, LA 70503-5138.   They have
all kinds of great items for gifts or largesse:  beads from all over the
world, semi-precious stone carvings, Sterling silver jewelry and excellent
service.  Amazing prices!

   Hungry for some authentic Cajun food? Stop in at Dwight's 4800 Johnston
St. (near intersection of Johnston St. & Ambassador Caffery) in Lafayette,
LA 70503-4836. The BBQ Pork steak is tender and flavorful, the Dirty Rice is
mouthwatering, they provide large servings, you won't leave hungry!  The
menu includes chicken, fish and yummy desserts, everything is homemade or
tastes like homemade.  Mmmmm Good!

    I will be certain to stop off the highway and visit both Earthly
Treasures & Dwight's while on our way to the war.  Hope you'll give them
both a try.

                                                                   Be safe,
have fun!

                                                                       Ciarn
at

  All meaningful change begins with the right aspirations--Ken Yamashita