[Stargate] [Westgate] Westgate's forthcoming dissolution

Michael Silverhands silverhands at verizon.net
Thu Jan 21 15:00:45 PST 2010

I read this with understanding, but also with sorrow at the passing
of the group.

Neassa and I were around when William the Bear, Sine Griegsdottir,
Geof Weakarm, and all the rest were gathering together to create the
group which eventually took form as the Canton of Westgate. I was
proud to serve as your Baron for 5 years.

Most of the founders have moved away or passed on to the distant
shore. Mistress Hillary and others have worked hard to keep the group
going, and the accomplishments of the group are many. You definitely
left your mark.

I know that the people of Westgate aren't going away, just a layer of
bureaucracy. But still, I also know the sting of ending, and of loss,
and my heart goes out to all of you.

In memory and in continued friendship,
Michael Silverhands