[Stargate] OT - Question about EeBook readers ...

Mike Dudley casualgeek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 12:48:55 PDT 2010

If you are doing text books, the problem you might encounter is that
textbooks are usually formatted for a larger screen than most
ereaders.  This is really an issue if the book has a lot
illustrations/pictures/graphics, etc.  The kindle DX is designed more
for textbooks with it's larger screen.  But it also carries are higher
price point.  Another option is an iPad.  Negatives, backlit screen
can make longer reading sessions a strain for some people. Battery
life, though good(8-10 hours) is not as good as an ereader.  And
higher price.  Positives, color, backlit(can read at night), not
limited to any one book seller (iBooks, kindle, and b&n apps), and
useful for a lot of other things.

I have a kindle, which I liked, now Brenna has it.  I have an iPad
which I love.

- Collwyn / Mike