[Stargate] [Ansteorra] Request for Help - Blood Donations Needed

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 13:37:58 PDT 2010

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lauren Norman <lmnorman at uh.edu>
> To: stargate at lists.ansteorra.org
> Subject: [Stargate] OT--for those wishing to help Hrafn and Elizabeta
> As most if not all of us are aware by now, Count Hrafn's father was in a very serious plane crash this weekend, and is in very critical condition in John > > Paul Smith in Fort Worth.? Blood donations can only be made at Carter Blood Care Centers, the closest of which is in Lufkin.? However, the Gulf Coast > Regional Blood Center has a blood use reimbursement program that can provide money for medical bills.? For every donation made in a person's name, > they are eligible for a $20 reimbursement, up to $1,000.?
>
> If you're inclined to help out and would like to donate blood, please make sure to donate in the name "Jerry Baker".
>
> Thanks y'all!
>
> Isolde
> Lauren Norman
> 409.739.5645

I received a post from the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center (see below #1).  These donations might help with Elizabeta's father-in-laws financial needs, but not the actual blood donation needs.  However, according to the post from the Carter Blood Group (see post #2 from Emma below), I don't believe Carter Blood Care will accept the financial exchange BUR credits anymore, so donating to the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center will not help this situation.

The best option is to donate funds directly to the patient to help pay for the blood used and/or for the expenses in general (and that may still be something we can do later via a fund drive).  OR Better yet, to drive to the closest Carter Blood Care center near Houston, which is probably either Lufkin or Waco:
http://www.carterbloodcare.org/donorcenter.aspx

Both locations (Waco/Lufkin) are open till 2pm on Saturdays.  I'd be willing to do the drive tomorrow (Saturday) if others wish to join me.  I give quarterly at my office blood drives.  Lufkin is probably the easiest to get to.

Please respond ASAP if a group wishes to go.
Hillary

(#1:  Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center)