[Stargate] King's College Class - Travelling in the Lands of Your Persona or Where in the World Am I?

katherine watson katherin.watson at att.net
Sun Jun 13 10:52:38 PDT 2010

Greetings to All,

I am teaching a class at King's College - titled - Travelling in the Lands of Your Persona or Where in the World Am I?

So you have researched and decided on a name, a persona and a device, but how well do you know do you know the geography of the lands that your persona lived in? Have you wondered where in the world is Hibernia , Lusitania (not the ship) or Colonia? Who were the Walloons, Lombards, Burgundians or Pommeranians (not the dogs)?  Let us find out more about the many cultures and people that lived or travelled in the countries and provinces of the medieval time periods. We will discuss and look at the human geography of that  by gone time. There will plenty of geographical and cultural resources_to enhance the discussion. Students are encouraged to bring their own documentation, research and artifacts (props) of your persona.

The documentation that you can bring is a brief description of your persona - including ethnic background, language, land area where your persona might have lived, etc.  There are several excellent persona worksheet websites that provide good questions to help you with your description.

The following provide great persona worksheets -

An Tir CultureWiki - http://wiki.antir.sca.org/index.php?title=Persona_Worksheet
Kingdom of Ansteorra's Newcomers Page - http://central.ansteorra.org/newcomers.php
Stefan's Florilegium - http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Vikng-Persona-wsh.html
 and many other websites , some that have pdf worksheets.

Come, welcome,  and have fun learning and discussing more about the lands of the Middle Ages.  Hope to see you at King's College!

Start Time : 2:30pm
Place: Christ the King Lutheran Church in th Rice Village, Houston, Texas
 across from Rice University

Yours in Service,

Caitilín inghean Rónáin uí Cheallaigh