[Stargate] Another Successful Event!

Cynthia Whitford simonevalery at comcast.net
Sun May 8 13:23:36 PDT 2011

Thank you Stargate for helping to host another wonderfully successful event - Defenders of the Rose - this weekend!  You guys are awesome!  You stepped in wherever needed and got the job done!

We saw Stargaters sitting gate, judging A&S, fighting, marshalling, shooting, waterbearing, performing bardic, riding horses, cooking feast, serving feast, cleaning up, taking pictures to share later, and just plain sitting around and visiting with everybody and having a good time!  Thank you all for coming out to support the Loch and our Roses, we couldn't have done this without you!

We have an especially big Thank You for the folks who helped set up and take down.  (I would try to name names but I'm afraid I'd accidentally miss someone and I certainly don't want to do that!)  Thanks to you we had showers, tables, a pavilion, *and* we got all the trash hauled away :-)

Another big thanks to Sir Godwin and his fabulous kitchen staff for a delicious feast!  If you missed it, you really missed out!

And now for a bit of word fame:

Don Simone entered the bardic competition and made the Roses giggle with his bloodthirsty tale in Seussian rhyme

Lord Colwyn cadetted to Baron Don Cael

HL Leofwine won the archery list to become a Defender of the Rose

anybody else see a Stargater doing something noteworthy?  Please feel free to share!

again, thank you all for coming out and helping - you did us proud!

best regards,
Robert and Simone
Baron and Baroness of Stargate