[Stargate] thank you's and word fame from Brywn Gwlad's fall event

Cynthia Whitford simonevalery at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 17:59:55 PDT 2011

let me apologize up front for those of you I'm going to miss, simply because I'm working from memory. Next time I promise to take notes *during* the event rather than writing it down afterwards!

Many Thanks to our set up/take down/pit crew folks - you guys were awesome and we couldn't have done it without your help:  Corvin, Anne, Alden, Karl, Kasilda, Elizabeth Somerset, John of Severn and his squire, Rix, Tomas, Diederich, Suvdchin, Countess Maggie, Squire Maggie, Arabella, Avery, Gwenneth, and others who just couldn't help themselves :-)

Hospitality  on Saturday - Anne and Kasilda provided pastas, salads, fruits, and other munchies throughout the day to keep us all going.  It was a long day and we certainly needed it to keep us all going!

Now for some wordfame:

Alden's melee team held the bridge for 6 consecutive fights on Saturday - that was the record for the day!

Don Corvin received an Iris of Merit in evening Court and it was deja vue all over again - just ask him about it ;-)

Sir Karl and Godric Peverel (Roger of Cornwall) both shot archery, Sir John and Don Simone fought well on their respective fields, and we were well represented in equestrian as well with Sir Britta, DeeDee of Stargate, Mirabelis, and Cambria Darkhorse all in attendance!

I'm sure there was more great stuff that I missed because a) there weren't enough hours in the day or night to see it all, b) my memory is short and I didn't write it down at the time.

As always - if you saw something I didn't and want to brag about our folks - please share it!

best regards,
Robert and Simone
Baron and Baroness

p.s. to Sir Godwin - your Baron would like to speak with you about your squire stalking him ;-)