[Stargate] April Populace Meeting

Chris Lowder ray_sorian87 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 12:43:27 PDT 2012

Any errors are my own

Hospitaler office is open for applications, but Ciarnat is still serving in the position till it has been filled. If you are interested, please contact the B&B and the Seneschal.

Thanks for all that helped with stargate camp at Gulf Wars, It was a great success. We had about 20 people help break down camp. For next year we would like to have wood benches for people at camp. Bardic circle was great, closed circle at 1:30 am.

Knight Marshal (Lord Orin Kettilson / Brandon Garner / garnerbk at yahoo.com): Last practice was at the park near The Menil Collection, was enjoyable by people who were there. It's a good location, it has good shade, facilities (bathrooms), street parking, and caters more to our demographic (people who don't already have a time/money-consuming hobby), and there is enough room for the fighters as well as space for Arts at the Park. The location is next to The Menil Collection (1515 Sul Ross Street, Houston, TX 77006). This could be our new permanent location. Practice on Easter Sunday is cancelled.

Rapier Marshal (Lord Collwyn O'Snowdon / Michael Dudley / rapier at stargate.ansteorra.org): We had a good turnout last practice with about 12 people arriving. We will hold practice on Easter Sunday if enough interest, please contact the rapier marshal if you want to have practice this day. We might hold practice at the same park as Chivalric

Chronicler (Adelaisa d'Ascalon / Erin Hagmaier / chronicler at stargate.Ansteorra.org): We are looking for pictures, short stories, poems, and more for the Two Towers
Historian/Herald (Lady Caitilin inghean Ronain ui Chellaigh /Katherine C. Watson / herald at stargate.ansteorra.org): With the 40th anniversary of Stargate coming quick, I would like to ask the populace for letters about being with Stargate, when you joined, how you have loved being with stargate, etc. for a notebook I am putting together for Baronial.

Minister of Arts & Sciences (Lady Isolde die Waeyer / Lauren Norman / lmnorman1066 at gmail.com): Gulf war A&S was great, if you are interested in teaching a class, please contact me. Tourney of Squires, Cadets, and Arcarius A&S Competition, if you need help for your submission, I can help. Baronial A&S competition theme will be “Outfit a newcomer for $30 or less”.

Guilds:

Middle Eastern drumming and dance is still going strong, interested parties may contact Herr Dietrich at Dietrich.Strobelbart at yahoo.com for directions.

Woodworking, no date set as of yet for work but can help anyone with projects, Interested parties may contact Lord Thomas.

Scribal, minor award scrolls done for S,C,A event, work on rest are proceeding on time. Interested parties may contact Mistress Hillary Greenslade (Marsha Greene) Hillaryrg at yahoo.com

Unfinished object starts back up today, contact Brenna (Jennifer McCoy Dudley).

King’s College is in June, if interested in teaching class there; contact Minister of Arts & Sciences.

Madrigal, We have people performing, but need members to fill all vocal ranges, more is always welcome, Interested gentles should contact Master Ihon Vinson MacFergus at jhirling at gmail.com.

Tourney of Squires, Cadets, and Arcarius April 13-15, 2012, still need assistance with helping with setting up event. Site is very primitive with VERY limited water, it is recommended to bring extra water for personal use. http://stargate.ansteorra.org/2012squires.shtml for more info.

Stargate Yule, We was starting prepare early. Looking at possible change in location, and need staff.

Baronial, need people to help with feast.