[Stargate] BAM Soup kitchen

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:44:31 PDT 2012

Greetings all

Isabeau & I seek volunteers for the 4th annual hospitality soup kitchen at
BAM, November 17.  We would like to have at least 5 varieties of soup,
crusty bread (e.g. Italian or French baguette) or cornbread/butter and
drinks.  Deserts are already spoken for (HE Genevieve & Isabeau). Your soup
should feed approx 50 (~ 5 gal. stock pot).  Either provide your own heat
source or let us know so we can try to secure a heat source for you.  We
have a budget of $40 for each soup, drinks and breads.  Donations are
welcomed.  Isabeau is making her patented chocolate chip cookie bars and
I'm going with my usual lentil and sausage soup.  We'll also need servers
and folks for set up/take down.  We will start serving until after the
morning fighting is complete.  Hopefully, that will assure everyone gets
fed.  Please let us know how you'd like to help.

Warm regards,

ihon & Isabeau
(John & Terri Hirling)
One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested."

— E. M. Forster