[Stargate] Meeting Minutes

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 17:45:21 PST 2012

Thanks for posting meeting minutes Sorian, we used to do that many years ago and fell out of the habit.  It's appreciated by folks not able to attend from time to time.

I was wondering if there was anything said about the funds Stargate is sending up to corporate for the requested legal fundings, how much is Stargate committed to?

Cheers, Hillary

Minutes from February Populace Meeting:

Approval for Stargate/ Loch Soilleir April Event, Theme is Squires and Cadets Competition with Baronies Equestrian Champions tourney and Royal Lancer (Kingdom Equestrian Championship), event steward Baroness Cristyana Lambrecht/ Duchess Edergardis von Zell. Event will be on April 13th -15th at Sir Alexis? property at 5401 old Gay Hill Road, Brenham Texas 77833. The event will invite all unbelted/non-white scarf fighters to compete in several areas (tourney fighting, challenge quest, A&S (static or performance) and dancing comp as well as being judged most courtly Squire/Cadet by Her Majesty, the Baronesses, and Ladies of the event).

Membership numbers in all of SCA is decreasing, we have been asked to start recruiting newcomers and try to retain as many current members as possible.

There was a question brought up for consideration at Round Table. The northern region of Ansteorra wants to distinguish itself better then it currently is (people who state they are in Northern Ansteorra get mistaken for being in Northern Texas). This is only in name alone, not in administration.?

Also, at Round Table, We were informed that we do not have to have separate officer and main populace meetings (no small gap between meetings on the same day). The officers and the B&B have decided that keeping the meeting separate would be good, this would allow the officers a short break to mingle with the populace before the next meeting.

February Edition of Two Towers is up and online on Stargate website. Deadline for March Two Towers submissions are needed by Feb. 25

Name submission for Wolf passed to Laurel for commentary and approval

With approval from B&B, Alden Drake is starting to write a bid for Stargate to host Known World Heraldic and Scribes around the last weekend in June 2013. Their Baron and Baroness made a suggestion of possible teaming up with other events.

Gulf wars, People needed for Gate (taking and counting money) 2 cashiers and 2 account managers. Contact exchequer at gulfwars.org for more info on shift times and if you would like to help. Stargate will be doing the following items at Gulf Wars:?

1. A group meal plan (breakfast, dinner $5 per person per meal) people are needed to assist with cooking and cleaning, Please contact Alden Drake (Alden_drake at sbcglobal.net) by February 24 if you are wishing to assist by cooking meals. Final sign up for people wanting to take part in the meal plan is March 2nd.

2. Shower trailer usage ($5 per person for week use)

3. There was talk of a small bardic event in camp Tuesday night. ?

Money for both the meal plan and shower usage is due as soon as you arrive at camp, after setting up your tent of course.

Please contact Gilyan Clonmacnoise (Landcrat Ansteorra, ansteorra-land at gulfwars.org) with the size of your tent including ropes and arrival day so there will be enough room set aside for all of Ansteorra to use.

We had one newcomer tonight, John Cantu, looking to join in on heavy fighter.

Congratulations to Alden Drake who is the next premier bard.

As of Feb. 7, Leofwine and Ciarnat are celebrating 31 years of happy marriage.

Note From Writer: Sorry for the delay, was waiting on some info for the post.