[Stargate] Fall Ball in the Small Hall IV: Bakers' Bransle

Kira Langsjoen kolfinnakyrii at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 11:59:09 PST 2012

Friends and Neighbors of the Southern Region of Ansteorra:

With this email The Shire of the Shadowlands welcomes you to Fall Ball in the Small Hall IV: Bakers' Bransle!!  It will be a day of games, classes, and combat followed by a European Ball in the evening of Saturday, January 28th.

The kitchen staff is celebrating Bruegel style with active games, scanvenger hunt, melon bocce as well as table top games.  Classes will be themed to food and cooking and will include a dance refresher for those who wish to take part in the evening dances.  There are rumors of goat racing and boffer food fight barrier battles.  Martial activities dependent on attendance.

Please post to the Shadowlands email list (shadowlandssca at yahoogroups.com), the Shire's Event page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/269307079797213/), or contact the Stewards if you'd like to teach a class (any genre welcome).  Please also let us know if you would be interested in chivalric or rapier activities.

After the days activities, bring a dish to share (feeds 4-6) at the potluck. The Shire will provide a meat dish. There is a full kitchen on site. Contact Lady Isolde (Lauren Norman) regarding the potluck.  Please bring utensils to serve your contribution.

The event will be held at the lovely Clubhouse in Eastside Park in Hearne, TX.   It has tables and chairs. The site is dry.

Finally, we will clear the tables for a rousing dance ball in the evening featuring our 4th annual dance champion Bransle Off competition.

Event Stewards:
Kite (Colleen Fisher) and Caitlin la Bouche (Caitlin Wise)

Site Fee: $5
Site Set up at 8am; Contact Lady Kolfinna (Kira Langsjoen) to help with set up/take down.

Directions from Bryan/College Station:
North on TX-6 N/US-190 W.
Turn left onto W Brenken St (at the McDonalds)
Take the 2nd right onto Cedar St.
Take the 1st right onto W Brown St (Business 79 to the left; FM 391 to the right). Take the overpass and drive 0.7 mi.
Turn left onto Norwood Ln ; drive 0.3 mi.
Take the 1st right onto Golf Course St into Eastside Park.
Follow the road .1 miles past the pool/playground to the Clubhouse building.

I hope many of you will join us for the food, fun, festivities, friends, fighting, and the dance!  Let's shake the snow off our boots and have a grand ol' time.
Lady kolfinna in kyrra Otarsdottir
Kira S. Langsjoen
Shadowlands Exchequer