[Stargate] MFAH: Gifts of the Sultans Exhibit - Sat. 12/7

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 11:32:12 PST 2012

Greetings,
Join the Stargate Scribes for a tour of the exhibit:
'Gifts of the Sultan: The Arts of Giving at the Islamic Courts'http://www.mfah.org/exhibitions/gifts-sultan-arts-giving-islamic-courts/
At the Museum of Fine Arts Houston:  www.mfah.org
at the Beck Building (new building), 5601 Main Street
Exhibit runs till Jan 16th.

Meet us THIS Saturday, 12/7
Gather at 11:30pm at the Cafe Express in the basement level.
After lunch or snack, we'll head up to the exhibit at 12:30p.
This exhibit is included in general admission,
Adult rate is $10, Children 5-18 $5.00, Seniors (65+) $5.00.
** Let me know if you plan to attend, so we can look for you!

Film:  If you want to make a day of it, check out the Polish/Swedish film:
'The Mill and the Cross', about  Renaissance Painter Pieter Bruegel
http://www.mfah.org/films/mill-and-cross/
Saturday, 7pm, Adults $7.00
The film shows Sat, 12/7 (7pm) and Sun, 12/8 *5pm
and Fri/Sat:  12/13 and 12/14. at 7pm.
Trailer: http://www.themillandthecross.com/
It looks really good, runs 97 min. long.

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade
hillaryrg at yahoo.com