[Stargate] relocating fighter practice - again

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 10:37:36 PDT 2012

After searching online, found the following:
Memorial Park is part of the Houston City Parks commission.
http://www.houstontx.gov/parks/ourparks/memorialpark.html

The SCA has been using Memorial Park, off and on, since before I started playing, in 1987.
They liked us enough to invite us to participate in their Park celebrations in the past, as one of the park groups.
We should, but most likely don't currently have a permission form filled out for using Memorial Park, when we were using it.   If the issue in that location due to lack of shade, then perhaps move to a shadier location at Memorial.

Menil Park - likely owned by the Menil Museum, from what I could find online, I always thought of it as a land purchase by the museum for future development growth, if the museum enlarges.

Bear Creek Park is part of the Harris County Precinct 3 Commission.
http://www.pct3.hctx.net/parks/bearcreekpioneers.aspx
There are apparently 4 county commission precincts:
http://www.hctx.net/parks/park.asp

You may find Beak Creek requires a permit to use the park as the SCA group, on a regular basis.
The Canton of Westgate was using a park off Eldridge near Briar Forest (in Harris Co. Precinct 3) some time back and after a while, everytime we used it, the police asked us to leave, due to a complaint from someone in the park or near apartments; so we kept moving around the park to be away from areas where kids would be, but to no success.  We filled out the permits, the police took pictures of us practicing and our weapons and took them to the commissioner.  After reviewing the images, the commission advised us that we were not welcome to use the park at Eldridge.

As mentioned, Bear Creek Park is also in Precinct 3.

Regards, Hillary

As you may or not be aware, we were booted out of the Menil park, something about it being privately owned, and a park for peace and retrospection? I don't know...  : p

Anyway, the regional knight's marshal has suggested Bear Creek park, so I am going there tomorrow to check it out and see how things look.

The MoAS is unable to attend for personal reasons, but I think it would be nice if we could get those who would be interested in doing arts in the park there as well, so you can give your .02 worth.

this will be discussed and a decision made at the meeting Monday. I appreciate any feedback I can get, as this effects more than just me, or just the fighters.

thank you,

Orin