[Stargate] 5th Sunday demo

Brandon Garner garnerbk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 10:57:38 PDT 2012

Greetings Star Gate!

at the previous populace meeting I brought up doing a demo on the 5th Sunday of the month, starting with July - to which there was a pretty good response. I thought I would go ahead and get the conversation started here and on the Facebook group about doing this so that we can have everything figured out and under control in plenty of time.

I think we should do this in Hermann Park; it is directly across from a major university, and in the middle of the museum district - which is our target audience.

What I've seen in the past is fairly simple: we set up a pavilion, maybe furnish it a bit (rugs, chairs, a bed if someone has a cool period one, an armor tree with armor on it always looks impressive, etc.), set up a small list field and have a tiny-tourney, and have folks out doing the various things we do.

I think it would behoove us to have representatives from the surrounding groups present as well, i.e. Gate's Edge, Raven's Fort, the Loch, maybe Bordermarch & Shadowlands, that way people visiting the museums from out of town would hopefully have a local SCAdian representative present to talk to about what is going on in that group.

Please, share your thoughts and discuss.