[Stargate] Comic con on Warlord weekend

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 09:26:26 PST 2013

Genevieve posted something about Comicpoluza on Memorial Weekend.....

If the Comic Con takes off and the SCA participates ( and I hope it does), then I'm in for the demo.
We could do simple Indulgences to put folks names on, it could have links to the SCA websites and facebook pages, for further contacts.

Since Warlord is a heavy fighting event, the challenge is to get fighters to commit who are not attending Warlord; the fighting typically draws younger folks to the SCA.
If you can get 6 fighters for both rapier and heavy, from between Stargate, GE and Loch, then you should have a demo - perhaps have us out there for one day only, Saturday (to start), see if you can get enough volunteers to participate in both Sat and Sunday.  If we can get free entry passes for the conference, or some free passes for a few of us, then as we walk around in costume, we can give out SCA info cards.

I'd say go for it.
Just a few thoughts, Hillary